Monday, October 28, 2013

Raising kids...


The prompt for this blog is when, or if I have kids what I would teach them or what I would not teach them. First of all, I don’t even know if I would want to have kids. They are so annoying and require so much attention and money I don’t think I can handle it. I like to have free time and money to spend on myself and I have a feeling I’ll mess up accidentally one day and do something really bad to my kid, so it would probably be better if I just didn’t have a kid. If however, I do decide that I want kids, it would not be so soon. It would definitely be after I graduate college, and probably after I’m married and have a steady job, can support me and my wife with surplus, can handle my life easily, and a nice enough house that would support us, then I would.

I want different things for my different kids. If I had a son, I would want him to be athletic, and good at sports. He would be especially good at one sport, his specialty sport, and at least average in most other sports. He would do relatively well in school, maybe not perfect scores, but good enough that he is in his class’s top 10%. I would have him try to learn an instrument if he would like, but if he doesn’t like to or just is bad at music then that’s okay. Id teach him all the basic things like how to ride a bike and swim and all of that stuff kids should know. I’d teach him how to deal with different types of people, like annoying people, girls he likes, girls he doesn’t like, teachers, his friends, and everyone else. I would teach him what is right and what is wrong, like to never steal, or cheat, or anything bad like that. I would teach him about honesty and lying and emphasize not lying and being completely honest with especially his parents. He would grow up to be successful, he better be.
If I had a daughter, I would leave most of the teaching to my wife, the mother. I mean I would teach her the basic stuff she would have to know like riding a bike and swimming, and whatever sport she wants to learn how to play, but when she gets older and has to deal with relationships and guys and her body or whatever, I will avoid her and leave all of that to my wife. Even if my daughter comes up to me and asks about those kind of things I won’t answer. I’ll probably just walk away and say ask your mother. I want my daughter to have good grades and be in the top 10% of her class, be able to play an instrument and preferably a sport. My daughter would definitely be successful, I won’t let her fail. I would be really strict and punish harshly so she can grow up and be a good person. I would of course just like my son teach her what is wrong and what is right like cheating, stealing, and those things. I would also emphasize telling the truth and not lying because I can’t stand liars.

I might not be the best father when I have kids, but I probably wont be the worst, I hope. My kids will be successful I will do whatever it takes. If you want to know what my definition of being successful is, I wrote a blog about that a while ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment